Our 2022 Festival survey has now closed. Thank you to everyone who took the time to give us feedback. For those who entered the survey prizedraw - we have now contacted one lucky winner of 'Two Tickets to our 2023 Festival' by email.
Here are some of our 2022 Festival and Survey highlights:
What did our Audiences think?
- 98% of respondents enjoyed the events they attended
- 96% would recommend the Festival to family and friends
- 95% felt the Festival provides high quality performances and events
- 98% agreed that the Festival makes a valuable contribution to the Perth & Kinross arts scene and 94% to the Scottish arts scene
- 90% agreed they had the opportunity to see performers they wouldn't otherwise see
- 92% felt that buying tickets was straightfoward and efficient
Festival-goers attended an average of 3 events in the Festival run. On the whole, respondents liked the balance and variety of events and wanted more of the same. Audiences commented on the easy access to shows, the positive Festival atmosphere and the choice of shows available.
In the future, audiences wanted to see more classical music/ opera and drama, and a few people reported they'd like to see more musicals, speakers, and comedy.
It was felt that the Festival vibe in the city streets and in Festival venues could be developed further (we'll get to work on that!).
We're created some FAQs to answer some questions that arose.
Why do you have booking fees?
Our box office is provided by Horsecross Arts Ltd (Perth Theatre and Concert Hall). Horsecross Arts charge a booking fee for all of their tickets over £8.50. The fee contributes to their ticketing system, ticket sales and fulfilment costs. Our advertised ticket prices include the booking fee.
Do you have reduced tickets for young people?
The majority of Festival shows have special reduced prices for under 16s. Encouraging young people to experience the arts is an important aim of the Festival. Each year, we work closely with the Instrumental Service and local music groups to distribute free tickets for young musicians of all ages.