PERTH FESTIVAL OF THE ARTS LIMITED
POLICY ON EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES
1. Perth Festival of the Arts Limited ("PFA") is committed:-
(a) to equal opportunities policy and practices; and
(b) to eliminating any discrimination in its own policies and practices and in those areas over which it has influence.
In implementing this policy PFA will take account of all relevant legislation.
2. The intention of this policy is to ensure that any employees; contracted artistes/organisations; both potential and actual; and audiences are treated equally and as individuals regardless of race, ethnic or national origin, religion, political belief, social or economic class, marital or parental status, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability.
3. PFA aims to:-
(a) develop a programme of events, which is of interest; and
(b) make its services accessible;
to as wide a range of the public as possible.
In order to achieve this PFA will take all reasonable steps and use best endeavours to remove barriers that prevent potential audience, participants, and members from having equal access to all of PFA's activities.
This will include:
· ensuring that activities take place in venues and premises which are accessible to disabled people;
· providing facilities for disabled people to enable them to participate fully in activities;
· ensuring that the design of publicity material takes account of the needs of disabled people;
· making tickets for activities available to the public through general box office sales and on-line.
4. This policy covers all aspects of the work of PFA and its committees.
5. The Executive Committee shall be responsible for implementation of this policy.